Call for Abstracts
Call for abstracts is now closed.
To view or download your submitted abstract, please click the below link and login.
Abstracts submitted in hard copy will not be accepted. Only abstracts submitted via the online portal will be accepted and reviewed.
Notifications will be sent out by Monday 4 March 2024.
Authors must select the most accurate category and sub-category to submit an abstract under.
|ACD Fellows and other Dermatologist
|Registrars currently participating in the ACD Dermatology Training program or doctors who have been notified they have been accepted onto the progam and will commence in 2024.
Abstracts need to be structured under the following sub-headings: Aim, Method, Results and Conclusions. The abstract should not repeat the title, authors and affiliations.
- Aims: Reflects pertinent background information and the purpose of the study (the hypothesis that is being tested);
- Methods: The research design, setting for the study (or studies if a review), the participants (number and type), the treatment or intervention, and the type(s) of statistical analysis used;
- Results: The outcome(s) of the study and, if appropriate, its/their statistical significance;
- Conclusions: The significance of the results.
If you are submitting a case study, you do not need to follow the above structure and can be in paragraph format.
Submissions will be accepted for the following presentation types:
Oral Presentation Only – an oral presentation, using PowerPoint slides, presented by one nominated author. Presentations will include 2 minutes each for audience questions.
Poster Only – authors will have the opportunity to have their Poster in the Exhibition Hall for the entire duration of the ASM for delegates to view. Posters provide visual display of new techniques, programs, research or professional innovations. They are the ideal medium for the presentation of complex visual material and emerging practice content.
Either Oral or Poster
AI in Dermatology
Biologics / Psoriasis
Climate Change and Skin Health
Current and Future Dermatology
Ethics and Professionalism
Paediatric and Adolescent Dermatology
Surgery for the General Dermatologist
Tropical Diseases and First Nations Dermatology
Abstract submission information
Submissions should be no longer than 300 words (excluding title and other contact details).
Further details will be provided to accepted presenters.
- 3 abstracts per person limit
- Abstracts submitted without data will not be considered.
- Industry submitted abstracts will not be accepted
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- The author is responsible for the accuracy of the abstract.
- Do not include references in your abstract body
- All presenters of accepted submissions are expected to register and pay to access the ASM.
- The acceptance of an abstract does not imply provision of travel, accommodation or registration for the ASM, nor any other costs associated with preparation, presentation of the oral or poster, or any costs associated with attendance at the ASM.
- All abstracts are reviewed by members of the Meeting and Events Oversight Group. The Group’s decision is final.
- By submitting your abstract, you agree to have your abstract (if accepted) published on the ASM website, College website, ASM app and in printed material.
- By submitting you agree to give College permission to publish your name and email address in the online Abstract Supplement published by Wiley.
- If you have any commercial interests or associations that might pose a conflict of interest regarding the submission, they must be declared. If accepted for presentation, the commercial interest or association must be declared on the title slide or the slide immediately following the title slide.
- You give College permission to film or photograph your presentation at the ASM.
- You will immediately notify College if you are unable to present or if the presenting author is changed.
Withdraw an abstract
If you want to withdraw an abstract, please contact the ASM Office in writing via email to email@example.com Please note that withdrawals need to be communicated in writing by the author who originally submitted the abstract, and in doing so, the Conference Office assumes that all other authors/presenters have been informed of the withdrawal.
Socialise with ACD ASM
Acknowledgement of Country
The Australasian College of Dermatologists acknowledges the Whadjuk Nyoongar people as the Traditional Owners of the lands and waters where PCEC stands and pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging.